The scope of the course is to describe principles, methods and practices for risk management. In
coherence with the international standard 31.000/2009, theoretical and practical risk management approaches
and tools for assessing (following the phases of risk identification, measurement and evaluation)
and mitigating risks are described both in the strategic, operational and financial perspective.
At the end of the course, students should be able to:
- address key strategic and operational risks into different functions and processes within a single
organization and along a value chain,
- measure the risk exposure and to select the appropriate tools for managing a risk portfolio.
These competences are relevant for managers and researchers in the fields of management and economics.
Business cases and case studies will complete the program.
The topics of the course are:
– The risk management process (risk assessment and control)
– Risk management in SME (Small and Medium Enterprises)
- Risk management and corporate governance
– Financial Risk management and Enterprise Risk Management
– Risk management in processes: Supply Chain Risk Management
– Crisis Management, Business Continuity Management
The Course is structured in lessons, working groups and case studies
The Course will run between October and December 2018.
Borghesi Antonio, Gaudenzi Barbara, "Risk management. How to assess, transfer and communicate critical risks", Springer Verlag, 2013
Other documents will be provided on the e-learning platform.
|Borghesi Antonio, Gaudenzi Barbara||"Risk management. How to assess, transfer and communicate critical risks"||Springer Verlag||2013|
The exam is written. Online registration is needer.
The grade is based on the final exam and the project work, which will be assigned during the course.
The exam includes theoretical open questions and multiple choices questions.
The project work consists of the development of a business case and adds maximum 3/30 points to the final grade.
via Cantarane, 24
Partita IVA 01541040232
Codice Fiscale 93009870234
© 2020 | Università degli studi di Verona | Credits