Research in the rankings
The Department of Economics (DSE) coordinates theoretical and applied academic research in Economics and Statistics.
The Department has an excellent research rating by ANVUR, the Italian National Agency for the Evaluation of University and Research Systems, ranking in the top 15% of university departments in Italy in the area of Economics and Statistics.
Based on the number of citations referring to publications by its academic staff, the Department of Economics ranks within the top 10% of Italian research departments and entities on REpEc (Research Papers in Economics),
Areas of research
The Department’s areas of research are:
- Public policy analysis (JEL: H)
- Behavioural and experimental economics (JEL: C9, D03, E03, G03)
- Welfare and Collective Choice (JEL: C7, D1, D3, D6, D7, I2, I3)
- Enviromental Economics, Energy Economics, Sustainability and Development (JEL: Q, R)
- Industrial economics (JEL: D2, D4, L)
- Health economics (JEL: I1)
- Quantitative finance (JEL: G; MSC: 91)
- Macroeconomics, international economics and development (JEL: E1, E2, E3, F3, F4, O1)
- Quantitative methods for economics (JEL: C1-C6; MSC: 49, 60, 62, 65, 90)
- Economic history (JEL: B, N)