The course provides a fundamental knowledge of Financial intermediation. The aim of the course is to provide students with both basic but fundamental concepts and methodologies useful to examine and interpret the role and the dynamics of the financial system. During the course, the structure of the financial system, the technical features of financial instruments and the regulatory context will be investigated, ensuring specific attention to the different functions performed by financial institutions and financial markets and their role within the broader economic system. At the end of the course, students will have deepened the financial dimension of the economic system and will be supposed to autonomously evaluate the dynamics of financial institutions.
1. The financial system: structure and functions.
2. The ECB monetary policy.
3. The theory of financial intermediation.
4. The financial institutions with a special focus on banks.
5. The asset management industry.
6. The main financial instruments: bonds, stocks and derivatives.
7. An overview of the main financial markets managed by Borsa Italiana SpA.
|COURSE-PACK||Economia degli Intermediari Finanziari||Isedi||2020|
The exam is oral. The online mode is guaranteed for all students who request it in the academic year 2020/21.
via Cantarane, 24
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2020 | Verona University | Credits