|Tuesday||10:10 AM - 11:40 AM||lesson||Lecture Hall SMT.04|
|Friday||10:10 AM - 11:40 AM||lesson||Lecture Hall SMT.04|
The aim of the course is to analyse international business and management in a comprehensive and complete framework, presenting the challanges of globalization.
Terminology, theories and adequate examples will be given to students (also beginners) in order to approach at the topic with a "real" holistic way.
The course covers these topics:
- Cross-cultural business
- Politics, law and business ethics
- Economics and emerging markets
- International trade
- Business government trade relations
- Foreign direct investments
- Regional economic integration
- International strategy and organization
- Analysing international opportunities
- Selecting and managing entry modes
- Developing and marketing products
- Managimg international operations
- Hiring and managing employees
Those topics will be discussed in a set of front lessons (according to the timetable of the course).
During the lessons students may be asked to discuss together a specific business case (individually or in groups).
1. Textbook: John Wild, Kenneth L. Wild, International Business, Pearson Education Limited; Global edit. 7th, 480 pages, English language, ISBN-10: 0273786970, ISBN-13: 978-0273786979. Available on www.amazon.it and other online bookshop.
2. Course slides and other materials used are available on the e-learning platform (MYunivr)
The teacher is available for Q&A:
1. at the and of the lectures;
2. in a specific meeting with students (see institutional webpage).
|J. J. Wild - K. L. Wild||International Business - The challenges of Globalization (Edizione 8)||Pearson||2016||9781292095042|
The language of the examination is English. Online registration is required 3 days before the examination date.
The examination intends to verify the preparation of the student over the topics mentioned in the program and its ability to apply models and solutions in a "real word".
The examination in written. It includes open questions (50%) and multiple choice questions (50%).
Each question has a specific score indicated near the question (from 1 to 4). The questions account all together 30 points.
The student may ask for an additional oral examination to modify max +/- 3 points the previous score.
The exam is based on the texbook and intends to verify the preparation of the student over the arguments covered (chapters).
BUSINESS PLAN MODULE (2 ECTS ) - 2 more points may be given to students that have PASSED the BUSINESS PLAN MODULE. The BP module, wich require a practical project work in groups, is planned between November and December for maximum 20 students.
ERASMUS/World Wide STUDENTS are invited to contact the teacher at the begining of the lectures (September).