Development economics (Prof. Eugenio Peluso)
Aim of the module is to give an overview of the main aspects of economic development. A short introduction on growth and technological progress will be followed by the analysis of income distribution and human capital accumulation in order to give students the tools for evaluating the development level of foreign markets that may be relevant for domestic firms.
International trade (Prof. Riccardo Fiorentini)
This module deals with the recent evolution of the world economy and focuses both on patterns of regional integration and the links between financial crisis, global imbalances and income inequality.
INTRODUCTION TO DEVELOPMENT ECONOMICS
1. Overview of development experiences
2. growth and technology
3. endogenous growth, history and expectations
4. inequality, poverty and growth
5. international trade and growth
6. the dual model, international factor mobility and migration.
7. Financial crisis, globalization, development and income inequalities
8. Regional integration in the world economy
R. Fiorentini e G. Montani (2012), The New Global Political Economy, Edward Elgar, ISBN 978-0-85793-404-8, capitoli 2,3,4
D. Ray: Development economics Princeton University Press, ISBN 0-691-01706-9, capitoli da 2 a 10.
Further readings will be suggested during the lectures
Written exam. Students may prepare short papers as a part of the exam
via Cantarane, 24
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2020 | Verona University | Credits