This module introduces students to Business Plan. Prepare a Business Plan requires a deep analysis of the business idea and of the context where to operate. Using SWOT analysis students could underline the strenghts and weakness, the opportunities and threats of the business. Operational development requires a strong analysis of the internal value chain, in order to define processes, people and resources. Financial data over a 5 year period will be prepared in order to evaluate the sustanaibility of the business.
Students will form business teams and work on a specifi assignment pertaining to 1) identify the BUSINESS IDEA, 2) Analyse the context (applying SWOT and value chain analysis), 3) Define Mission, Goals, Strategies, 4) Prepare the operational plan and the factual implementation 5) defining the structure and the organization chart, 6) illustrate milestones, GANT diagram, 7) prepare financial plan with main financials.
In doing so, students will develop their creativity, leadership, problem solving, opportunity recognition, planning and team management skills during the module. The module will necessitate elements of primary and secondary research collection and analysis, as well as aspects pertaining to new product development, product/service development, strategy, technology, legal issues, marketing, finance and management.
1. Summarise the nature, origins and stakeholder involvement in the creation of new ventures
2. Identify and investigate the opportunity of a new business venture opportunity
3. Obtain and analyse primary and secondary market research for a new business venture opportunity.
4. Assess the commercial feasibility of a new business venture.
5. Design the organization chart and the main business processes
6. Prepare a full financial plan for a new business opportunity
7. Develop and present a comprehensive business plan for a new venture.
1) Scope and methodologies for Business Planning
2) How to identify and choose the BUSINESS IDEA,
3) How to analyse the context and collect data (applying SWOT and value chain analysis),
4) Define Mission, Goals and Strategies,
4) The operational plan and its implementation;
5) How to select and define the structure, the business processes and the organization chart,
6) Milestones, GANTT diagram,
7) How to write the Financial plan with main financials
8) Break even analysis.
9) GANTT and executive summary
|William A. Sahlman||How to Write a Great Business Plan (Harvard Business Review Classics) (Edizione 1)||Harvard Business Review Press||2008||978-1-422-12142-9||Available also KINDLE EDITION|
The language of the examination is English. Online registration is required 3 days before the examination date.
The examination intends to verify: a. the preparation of the student over the topics mentioned in the program and b. its ability to apply models and solutions in a "real word" preparing a "REAL" business plan.
In groups student are invited to PREPARE and UPLOAD their BUSINES PLAN into MYUNIVR platform).
This COURSE is FOR ATTENDING STUDENTS ONLY.
The maximum grade is 30 (20 marks for the Business plan and 10 marks for the presentation and discussion)
Students that will pass the BP MODULE will be given 2 more marks to the IBM course evaluatiuon.
ERASMUS/World Wide STUDENTS are invited to contact the teacher at the begining of the lectures (September).