The aim of the course is to give the fundamental mathematical knowledge, necessary to the following courses in Statistics and Economics.
1. Basic mathematical notions
2. One variable functions
4. Differential calculus
5. Integration theory
6. Numerical series
7. Vector spaces, transformations and matrices
8. Systems of linear equations
9. Several variables functions
The detailed program and further educational material are available in the course web page.
The course consists of 84 hour lectures and exercise lectures (equivalent to 9 credits).
|Guerraggio, A.||Matematica - Mylab (Edizione 2)||Pearson||2014||9788865185636|
In order to pass the exam students are asked to pass first a written close answer test. A second oral exam is then proposed, with one exercise and theoretical questions.
Students have the possibility, after a half of the course, to pass a partial written exam, that will count for the final passing.
This intermediate test has the same structure as the ordinary written exam.
- It is discretionary and it does not prevent the student from refusing the result and taking the full exam.
- The student that passes the intermediate test may complete the exam by passing a similar final written test.
- Students that pass the intemediate test may take the final test within the winter session.
The intermedate test is scheduled with the intent that students tackle from the beginning the subject matter in a regular and systematic way. So they can get the advantage of passing one half of the exam. The intermediate test, in case of a failure, may also be useful to give important hints on what went wrong.
via Cantarane, 24
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2020 | Verona University | Credits