The course aims to provide students with the basic knowledge in the field of innovation management, focusing particularly on product innovation and small business innovation. Leadership issues connected to innovation management are considered too.
At the end of the course the student will acquire:
- a basic understanding of the paradigms of innovation and leadership;
- methods to innovate in business and him/herself and to manage a team or to be leaders of him/herself;
- the awareness of the personal skills to be provided to give full effect to the manager or entrepreneur's figure.
- Nature and meaning of innovation
- Types of innovation
- Product innovation and competitive advantage
- The new products developing process
- Innovation and time: techniques to reduce time to market
- Continuous Product Innovation and Ethical Issues
- Innovation and creativity: techniques for developing creativity
- The ways of innovation between small and large enterprises
- The "minor" innovation
- Innovation and human capital
- Leadership and innovation
- The forms of leadership
- The role of listening
- Interpersonal relationships in the management of innovative projects
- Which leadership model
The module involves a range of teaching strategies including lectures, case studies and guest lectures. Additional material will be in the form of web-based reading and research, selected texts, journal articles and contemporary magazine and press articles. Independent research and study will be encouraged throughout to complement group work activities.
|Schilling M., Izzo F.||Gestione dell'innovazione (Edizione 4)||McGraw Hill||2017|
1 hour written examination made up of open questions to test basic knowledge. If passed, oral examination to test critical analysis skills will take place.
The evaluation criteria are as follows:
- general vision of the discipline,
- technical language skills,
- deepening of the individual arguments,
- ability to connect topics (mental elasticity),
- ability to apply concepts to reality.
via Cantarane, 24
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2019 | Verona University | Credits