The course "Excel Laboratory" is a "type f" activity, which allows the students to obtain 3 CFU, once a final examination is passed. The course is for students in Economics and Business Administration.
- The course consists of exercise lessons and tutorial activity in computer lab (20 seats). The course will last 10 weeks, 20 hours, with 2 hours of activity per week. As an alternative, the course will last 20 hours, with 3 hours of activity per week.
- The course is intended preferably, but not only, for second and third year students.
- Requests for participation will be considered following the registration order.
- The frequency is compulsory. The student is required to attend at least the 70% of the exercise lessons/tutorial activity in order to being admitted to the final evaluation.
- The course will start once at least 10 registrations will be collected.
Tutor: Dr. Martino Tacconi
November, 13, 20, 2014 (09:00-12:00)
November, 26, 2014 (9:00-13:00)
November , 27, 2014 (9:00-12:00)
December, 3, 2014(9:00-13:00)
December, 4, 2014 (9:00-12:00)
Variations of days/time will be discussed with the tutor.
The registration is open. The registration is possible in the period October 29 - November 9, 2014. Please, register using e-learning functions. The course is reserved to 40 students. Requests for participation will be satisfied following the registration order.
The program of the course will start with an introduction to Excel and its main functions. Then, some of the topics encountered in Mathematics and Statistics courses will be considered, as for example, matrix algebra, optimization and interpolation. The course aims at improving the computational skills of the students and at providing instruments useful for the subsequent thesis work. The activity will allow to improve the knowledge of Excel, a software with a wide diffusion in the world of work.
|M. R. Middleton||Analisi statistica con Excel||Apogeo, Milano||2004|
|F. P. Borazzo, P. Perchinunno||Analisi statistiche con Excel||Pearson, Education||2007|
|E. Battistini||Probabilità e statistica: un approccio interattivo con Excel||McGraw-Hill, Milano||2004|
The final examination will consist in a written exam, with an oral examination if necessary.
Data from AA 2014/2015 are not available yet