Learn how to solve moderne Dynamic Stochastic General Equilibrium model to study both long-run and short-run dynamics of an economic system.
Part 1 – Long-Run Growth
12 hours – Lecturer: Tamara Fioroni
- Questions and evidence
- The Solow growth model
- Overlapping Generations model
Part 2 – Real Business Cycle (RBC)
8 hours – Lecturer: Alessia Campolmi
- Empirical evidence on business cycle.
- Different types of macro models: What they are used for, weaknesses and strength.
- The basic version of the models we will focus on in this course: Ramsey model.
- Common extensions
Part 3 – Monetary Business Cycle
10 hours – Lecturer: Alessia Campolmi
- Empirical evidence on price rigidity.
- Different types of monetary macro models.
- The basic version of the model we will focus on: New Keynesian model.
- Common extensions.
1h30 written exam
via Cantarane, 24
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2023 | Verona University | Credits