The course gives an introduction to the main issues pertaining the management of Insurance Companies. Specifically the following themes would be covered: the different types of products and services offered by the Insurance Companies, the logic underlying the determination of the insurance premium, the management of the insurance companies, the technical provisions and investment policies, risks and regulation, the distribution process, the evolution of the Italian and European insurance market profiles.
Lectures may be integrated with experts’ insights on specific topics.
1. The economics of insurance:managing insurable risks.
2. Life and non-life products.
3. Management of insurance companies.
4. Insurance products premia.
5. Technical provisions and solvency requirements.
6. The risks faced by insurance companies.
7. Regulation and supervision of insurance companies.
8. Distribution channels: agencies, brokers, etc.
9. The relationship between banks and insurances: financial conglomerates.
10. The market for insurance products and companies
CAPPIELLO A., Economia e gestione delle imprese assicurative, FrancoAngeli, Milano, 2008.
MIANI, S., I prodotti assicurativi, Giappicchelli, Milano, ult ed.
Further readings on specific topics will be made available on the e-learning page for the course.
Textbooks and further readings are consistent with the syllabus.
via Cantarane, 24
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2020 | Verona University | Credits