The course gives an introduction to the main issues pertaining the management of Insurance Companies, aiming at providing the students with the methodologies useful to understand their management. Specifically, the following topics will be deepened: why Insurance Companies exits, the different products and services offered by Insurance Companies and the distribution channels, the specificities of the management of Insurance Companies, the logics behind the determination of the insurance premium, the technical provisions and the investment policies, risks, regulation, the bancassurance industry and financial conglomerates and the evolution of the Italian and European insurance markets.
1. The economics of insurance: risk management and insurable risks.
2. Management of insurance companies.
3. Life and non-life products.
4. Insurance products premia.
5. The risks faced by insurance companies.
6. Technical provisions and solvency requirements. Reinsurance.
7. Regulation and supervision of insurance companies.
8. Distribution channels: agencies, brokers, Bancassurance etc.
9. The relationship between banks and insurances: financial conglomerates.
10. The insurance market. Recent trends.
Lectures might be integrated with experts’ insights on specific topics.
Additional course material will be available during the course and on the e-learning page of the course.
At the beginning of the course students will be provided with further information on lessons time schedule.
CAPPIELLO A., (ed.) L'attività assicurativa. Regole, gestione, business models, FrancoAngeli, Milano, 2018
MIANI, S., I prodotti assicurativi, Giappichelli, Milano, 2017, (e-book). The following chapters are to be studied: 1, 2 (exclucing paragraphs 2.9 and 2.10), 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 and 14.
PACI S., Assicurazioni: economia e gestione, EGEA, Milano, 2019.
PORZIO C., PREVIATI D., COCOZZA R., MIANI S., PISANI R., Economia delle imprese assicurative, McGraw-Hill, Milano, 2011.
Textbooks, additional material and suggested readings are consistent with the syllabus.
|Miani S.||I prodotti assicurativi (Edizione 4)||Giappichelli Editore||2017|
|Cappiello A. (a cura di)||L'attività assicurativa. Regole, gestione, business model||FrancoAngeli||2018||9788891770004|
Written test made up of open questions and/or exercises.
via Cantarane, 24
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2019 | Verona University | Credits