The main purpose of this course is to get students to think about Relationship Marketing from a strategic point of view, in order to ehnance their abilities to remember, understand, and apply the main concepts of Relationship Marketing (Relations, Networks, Interactions) adopting a Service Management focus. Analytical thinking is provided through multiple case study analysis, included some guided tours to local companies. Knowledge application will be tested through group projects. Students will be also called to test their problem solving skills, so that, at the end of this course, they will be able to create and present to a professional audience their Relationship Marketing Projects.
- Relational approaches to marketing
- Classic market relationship
- Special market relationship
- Mega relationship
- Nano relationship
- Do RM and CRM pay?
- RM: teh network organization and the network society
- The genesis of RM and CRM
- RM and CRM provide a new paradigm
- new trends
- case studies.
Lessons will be given in Italian, using experiential learning approach and interactive teaching. Three project woks will be developed during the course: a survey, multiple case study (with interviews and guided company tours), and a relationship marketing "business plan" to solve a specific problem for a given company. Foreign students that would like to attend this course are welcome, and in this case the teaching language may be switched into English.
Suggested readings in English:
Gummesson, E. (2011). Total relationship marketing. Routledge.
|Gummesson Evert||Marketing Relazionale||Hoepli||2006||88-203-3506-9|
This exam consists of a final written and oral exam and a project work to be held during the course.
Non-attending students are however advised to carry out the proposed projects or at least the applied project.
The final vote will then be calculated as a arithmetic mean of following grades x/30:
- individual written exam on theoretical concepts,
- project work, group evaluation,
- individual oral exam for presenting the project work,
- additional points (3 max) could be earned by students that will be actively attending the lessons.
The methods of examining the Relationship Marketing course involve carrying out a series of activities and tests during the course. The thirty-second evaluation of the various tests verifies: exhibit clarity, synthesis skills, professionalism (Relationship Marketing knowledge), critical ability (reading in line data, not just comment on numbers), proficiency (suggesting some solutions to business problems highlighted above).
The evaluation of Relationship Marketing examines therefore the breakdown of a number of skills that have been developed during the course:
- conceptual knowledge (theoretical exam);
- know how to apply (theoretical exam and project work).
- the ability to re-elaborate critically (project report, student's behaviour during the lessons);
- knowing how to do (project work, student's behaviour during the lessons).
And finally, other soft skills will be showed with active participation to day-to-day activities, group projects, relationship with teacher / companions / companies / FSU (Fondazione Studi Universitari di Vicenza), through adopting a personal relational style during and after the course.