The course "Advanced Excel Laboratory" is an optional "type f" activity, which allows to students to obtain 3 CFU, once a final examination is passed. In particular:
- The course is open to all CdL and CdLM students of the Verona campus of the School of Economics and Management.
- The lessons will take place in a computer laboratory (48 seats).
- There will be two courses, one in the first semester and another one in the second semester.
- Requests for participation will be considered following the registration order. All CdL and CdLM students of the Verona campus of the School of Economics and Management can register. As regard to admission to the course of the first semester (which will be taught in English), priority will be given to CdLM students. For the course of the second semester (which will be taught in Italian), there will be no distinction between CdL and CdLM students. Students are required to be present at the first lesson, or to send an email to the tutor to comunicate their absence.
- To participate to the course it is not required a previous participation to the course “Excel Laboratory”.
- The frequency to the classes is compulsory. Students are required to attend at least 2/3 of the exercise lessons/tutorial activity in order to be admitted to the final evaluation.
- The course consists of 18 hours of exercise lessons and tutorial activity (plus 2 hours of final examination).
The tentative calendar of the course of the first semester is the following:
Friday 18 October 2019, hours 14:00-17:30, room LAB.SMS.3;
Friday 25 October 2019, hours 14:00-17:30, room LAB.SMS.3;
Friday 8 November 2019, hours 14:00-17:30, room LAB.SMS.3;
Friday 15 November 2019, hours 14:00-17:30, room LAB.SMS.3;
Friday 22 November 2019, hours 14:00-17:30, room LAB.SMS.3;
Friday 29 November 2019, hours 14:00-17:30, room LAB.SMS.3;
Friday 6 December 2019, hours 14:00-17:30, room LAB.SMS.3 (final exam).
The calendar of the course of the second semester will be available as soon as possible.
Tutor (first semester): dott. Antonio Pozzo
Tutor (second semester): to be announced
For the course of the first semester, it is possible to register from the 5th of October 2019 to the 13th of October 2019.
For the course of the second semester, it is possible to register from the 5th of October 2019 to the 23rd of February 2020.
Please, register through the elearning platform.
The program of the course will start with an introduction to Excel and its main functions. Then, some of the topics encountered in Mathematics and Statistics courses will be considered, as for example, matrix algebra, optimization and interpolation. A considerable portion of the course will focus on the use of Visual Basic for Application (VBA). The course aims at improving the computational skills of the students and at providing instruments useful for the subsequent thesis work. The activity will allow to improve the knowledge of Excel, a software which is highly requested in the job market.
|Guojun Gan||An Introduction to Excel VBA Programming with Applications in Finance and Insurance (Edizione 1)||CRC Press||2017||9781138197152|
|Mike Davis||Costruire applicazioni con Excel 2016: Dal foglio di calcolo alle tabelle pivot, le macro e il linguaggio VBA (Edizione 1)||APOGEO||2017||9788850334223|
|John W. Foreman||Data Smart: Using Data Science to Transform Information Into Insight (Edizione 1)||Wiley||2014||9781118661468|
|Curtis Frye||Microsoft Excel 2016: La guida ufficiale (Edizione 1)||Hoepli||2016||9788820374785|
|Anna Maria D'Arcangelis, Silvia Patacchini, Felice Bruno||VBA per la finanza: tassi di interesse, gestione di portafoglio, derivati (Edizione 1)||Apogeo Education, Maggioli Editore||2018||8891627766|
Students are required to attend at least 2/3 of the exercise lessons/tutorial activity in order to be admitted to the final evaluation. The final examination will consist in a written exam, with an oral examination if necessary, on the use of the software Excel. There will be just one date for the final examination.