|Tuesday||11:00 AM - 1:30 PM||lesson||Lecture Hall SPB|
|Wednesday||2:00 PM - 4:30 PM||lesson||Lecture Hall SPB|
The course gives an introduction to the main issues pertaining the management of Insurance Companies, aiming at providing the students with the methodologies useful to understand their management. Specifically, the following topics will be deepened: why Insurance Companies exits, the different products and services offered by Insurance Companies and the distribution channels, the specificities of the management of Insurance Companies, the logics behind the determination of the insurance premium, the technical provisions and the investment policies, risks, regulation, the bancassurance industry and financial conglomerates and the evolution of the Italian and European insurance markets.
Lectures may be integrated with experts’ insights on specific topics.
1. The economics of insurance: managing insurable risks.
2. Life and non-life products. 3. Management of insurance companies.
4. Insurance products premia.
5. Technical provisions and solvency requirements.
6. The risks faced by insurance companies.
7. Regulation and supervision of insurance companies.
8. Distribution channels: agencies, brokers, etc.
9. The relationship between banks and insurances: financial conglomerates.
10. The market for insurance products and companies
CAPPIELLO A., L'impresa di assicurazione. Economia, gestione, nuove regole di vigilanza, FrancoAngeli, Milano, 2013.
MIANI, S., I prodotti assicurativi, Giappichelli, Milano, 2010. The following chapters are to be studied: 1, 2 (excepting paragraph 10), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 (excepting paragraph: 3.3; 4; 5), 8, 9, 10, 11, e 13.
|Paci S.||Assicurazioni: economia e gestione||EGEA||2017|
|Miani S.||I prodotti assicurativi (Edizione 4)||Giappichelli Editore||2017||Da studiare integralmente ad esclusione del paragrafo 10 del capitolo 2 e dei capp. 7, 12, 14 e 15|
|Cappiello A.||L'impresa di assicurazione. Economia, gestione, nuove regole di vigilanza||FrancoAngeli||2012||Da studiare integralmente ad esclusione del paragrafo 3 del capitolo 5|
Written test made up of open questions and/or exercises. The commissioners may also integrate the written test with an oral assessment, only for students whose grade in the written test is at least 18 out of 30.